Comments
Just testing the comment script.
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:25:58
Man, these are THE best custom covers I have seen. I am going to trash my covers, cash in my IRAs, buy ink and print away. Thank you.
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:41:15
Nice, nice work Joshway!
posted by MrTorso
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:31:39
I am amazed at the quality! Great work, and thanks!
posted by alcool
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:44:07
oh,yes.. One thing: Isn't the word spelled 'witty' or am I mistaken? No matter, the covers are great!
posted by alcool
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:52:23
Wow - it is misspelled. I didn't catch that before. I copied that first paragraph directly from another MST cover template, so I never bothered to check it. Rats. Well, I'll fix it. Thanks for the heads-up.
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:22:56
Man, how you keep finding any image even medium, let alone hi-res for these covers is amazing. I cannot wait for you to find anything hi-res for Riding with Death or Master Ninja!
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:01:26
Those are the titles I'm dreading! Plus Stranded in Space and San Francisco International. We'll see how it goes!
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:21:22
For the cover I made for SF International, I just used a google image of the airport. Cheating? Yes. But a man has to do what a man has to do.
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:03:17
Wow! 2 differant covers for the same episode! Now, that's what I call commitment. Great work, Joshy-boy. Great work.
posted by Sparticus
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:42:25
I completely redesigned 308 - Gamera vs. Gaos since I first uploaded it. I wasn't happy with the original. Apologies to anyone who printed it out already.
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:46:27
Aww, already I miss the old layout. Gaos at the rotating blood-fountain! Colorful. Still, this one's good too. BTW, it's interesting comparing the poster of #306 with the final result :-)
posted by alcool
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 22:10:21
posted by alcool
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 22:12:00
I put an alternate version up with the other photo. It was mainly the colors on the sleeve I was unhappy with. Far be it from me to deny you the fountain of blood!

And yeah, the Time of the Apes poster makes some heavy promises that the "movie" didn't quite deliver.
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 22:55:59
Hey is #309 a Rhino episode?
posted by Sam
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 00:07:19
309 was on VHS from Rhino, but has been out of print for a few years. I don't think it was ever on DVD, though I could be wrong. But it's a fully trade-able episode now, so I didn't include the Rhino logo.
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 07:19:25
Testing a change to the comment form...
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:22:43
Hey, everybody. I've added some disc labels that match my covers, designed by MrTorso from the RiffTrax/MST boards. Thanks, sir!
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:50:31
Can't thank you enough for these fantastic covers. They're just perfect. Would eventually love to see you design Rifftrax covers. Keep up the great work :)
posted by puuuma
Tue, 01 May 2007 17:49:29
Thanks, puuuma! Glad you like 'em. For some great RiffTrax covers right now, check out MrTorso's work at www.mst3kdvdcovers.com!
Tue, 01 May 2007 20:20:00
The War of the Colossal Beast is now my favorite!
Wed, 02 May 2007 18:31:14
Season 3 Alcool(c) Awards
BEST PHOTO: 319
BEST COLOR COORDINATION WITH MOVIE POSTER:
316 (also 321)
MOST CHOCOLATEY: 315
posted by alcool
Sat, 05 May 2007 22:10:22
Season 3 Alcool(c) Awards (cont)
BEST TEXT DESCRIPTION: 313? 316? I have to
admit 318 sums it up quite nicely.
Also: Kudos on using 'bediapered' in 309!
posted by alcool
Sat, 05 May 2007 22:13:37
Wow, thanks, Alcool! Looks like you're really paying attention.

I can't take credit for the text descriptions, though. They come straight from the Amazing Colossal Episode Guide, so they were written by Mike, Kevin, Mary Jo, Trace, and Paul Chaplin. However, I have edited them to remove ending spoilers and to add my own comments here and there.
Sun, 06 May 2007 08:20:27
At least they aren't making any more shows, or the 176 that you have on your plate would become your life's work. These are really looking good.
Sun, 06 May 2007 10:48:13
That's true. Unfortunately for me, I also have lots of MST "extras" on DVD, so I'll probably obligate myself to make covers for all of those too. (Turkey Day bumpers, Shorts collections, MST Hour segments, specials, etc.)

The movie is tradeable now too, although I think the original DVD art for that was pretty good.
Sun, 06 May 2007 15:29:48
Great work! I love these. Keep them coming.
posted by Hebs
Mon, 07 May 2007 19:32:52
I'm guessing Season 4 and 5 will be alot easier for you, since Rhino has put out the most episodes from the two seasons.
posted by Sam
Mon, 07 May 2007 21:24:11
Yeah, 4 and 5 (and even a good chunk of 6) will be a bit easier. So far season 4 has been pretty good. There's a lot of stuff online about those movies, and I have many of them on DVD un-MSTed for better screen caps.
Mon, 07 May 2007 21:27:47
409 is a Rhino episode. Gonna be on the future Vol 11 along with 414.
posted by DVD FREAK!
Tue, 08 May 2007 21:05:11
Fixed! Thanks.
Tue, 08 May 2007 21:15:13
These covers are looking great. This is reminding me how many episodes from season three and four that I have never really seen. I will have to do something about that.
Thu, 10 May 2007 07:43:36
hey man, Im really impressed with your graphic prowess, I too am a graphic artist obsessed with mst3k, so much so that i made baseball (trading) cards for each episode. while looking for a way to minimalize the space this number of disks takes up I ran across these http://www.checkoutstore.com/STANDARD-Black-10-Disc-DVD-Cases-p/blkcase-10d.htm so, of course i had an excuse to design new cases for them. The cases are wide enough that I designed a kickin little spine picture for the eighteen cases it takes to hold all the disks (not including ktma). I think you might dig em, (or at least youd appreciate the work) email me @ eat_more_kale.com
posted by eatmorekale
Wed, 16 May 2007 14:34:22
whoops, my email is www.eat_more_kale@yahoo.com
posted by eatmorekale
Wed, 16 May 2007 14:46:24
Hey, those DVD cases are nice. For obvious reasons they won't work with my MST collection, but I can think of many other uses for them. Thanks.

I'd love to see the cards you've designed.
Wed, 16 May 2007 16:36:01
Wow, the Eagah cover only has one actual picture of Arch Hall Jr and that is one too many! Man, what a site! Thanks.
Wed, 16 May 2007 18:47:33
hey mang email me and ill attach those cards when i get back to my other computer tommorow. i just looked at my second post and i still got my email wrong. what a doof, its just eat_more_kale@yahoo.com
posted by eatmorekale
Wed, 16 May 2007 21:05:14
end of season 5: time for the Alcool(c) season 4 awards!

BEST HIREZ PHOTOS: 401 AND 408.
BEST USE OF COLOR: 422.
SEPARATED AT BIRTH, COLORWISE? 407 AND 411.
THE ONE THAT PRINTED THE BEST (for me) 410.
MOST INDESTRUCTABLE: 409. STRANGELY COMPELLING YET DISTURBING IMAGE: 414.
THEY JUST DIDNíT CARE: 418.
posted by alcool
Tue, 22 May 2007 20:21:48
Um, also I think you got a little Magic Sword on your Gunslinger, there :)
posted by alcool
Tue, 22 May 2007 20:26:48
Man, you are already on season 6. The finish line is in sight!
Tue, 22 May 2007 21:49:14
Thanks, alcool! I can't believe I swept these awards AGAIN!

I'll fix the Gunslinger title. Oops.
Wed, 23 May 2007 07:40:20
You know, I think Mel Torme may be the OLDEST looking "teenager" in any MST3K movie. I loved him trying to be tough.... it just slays me.
Wed, 23 May 2007 18:16:02
I always thought it was funny that he played the "heavy" in Girls Town. He was about as threatening as he was youthful. "Hit him, he'll cry!"
Thu, 24 May 2007 15:20:24
So what was wrong with the Gunslinger cover? I wanna know if I need to reprint it, or if it's not a very noticable thing....
posted by Smilin' Jack
Thu, 24 May 2007 16:57:27
Hi Smilin'. It you're asking about my post, I had noticed that the webpage text for the cover said 'magic sword' instead of 'gunslinger'. Fixed now. The actual image is fine as far as I know. Pretty anal, eh? :)
posted by alcool
Thu, 24 May 2007 17:17:05
Yeah, it was just a little typo on the site, not the cover. The only thing wrong with the cover is that it's for a boring episode. :)
Fri, 25 May 2007 00:18:54
At first I thought you had made a mistake by not including the movie poster for "The Dead Talk Back", then I see that it was NEVER released as a movie until Sinister Cinema put it out in 1993. I even went to their website and there was no poster for it in their catalog listing. The only way I see to get a picture would be to (foolishly) buy the dvd from Sinister, but then all you get is a crappy DVD cover and not a poster. Pretty odd stuff. A movie so bad, no one released it for 30 years.
Sat, 26 May 2007 11:06:40
Exactly. I considered doing something different with that space on the cover, but I think it looks OK with nothing there. Of course if anyone ever finds anything close to a poster for Dead Talk Back (unlikely), let me know and I'll add it.
Sat, 26 May 2007 13:54:18
Hey, as a heads up to everybody who's printing these covers: I just made a last-minute change to 603: The Dead Talk Back. All I did was change the spine color, because I really needed the spine of 604 to be bright green. Sorry if anybody printed it already.
Sat, 26 May 2007 15:40:18
After looking at these covers, it amazes me the amount of effort the film-makers put in their movie posters compared to how little effort went into the films. The posters for Bride of the Monster and The Skydivers look great, but the films themselves......
Mon, 28 May 2007 12:40:39
VERY small text correction on Last of the Wild Horses in season 6. On the next to last line of text, you might want to insert a space between the words "Frank" and "and"{.

These sets are looking GOOD!
Mon, 28 May 2007 18:12:49

These sets are looking GOOD!
Mon, 28 May 2007 18:22:20
Fixed. Thanks!
Mon, 28 May 2007 18:43:56
Those shorts covers rock! Thank you for getting to those.
Wed, 30 May 2007 12:41:28
To celebrate 614, S.F.International, time for the SEASON 5 Alcool(c) Awards!.. ahem.

Best Hires Photos: (tie) 510 AND 521.
Best Use Of Color: 503 worked pretty well.
Battle Of The LOST WORLDS? I switched and went with 501b.
The One That Printed The Best (for me) 502.
Best Capture Image: 519. (Jack, you will be missed.)
Breast Capture Image: 523.

Congratulations!
posted by alcool
Wed, 30 May 2007 18:06:41
It's an honor just to be nominated. Thanks, alcool!
Wed, 30 May 2007 18:08:56
Damn, now I wish I had the turkey day version of Blood Beast! Now that season 6 is complete, when do we get the Alcool awards?
Sat, 02 Jun 2007 13:20:00
Ah, season 8 starting out with a bang with John "ha ha ha ha ha" Agar.
Thu, 07 Jun 2007 21:15:15
These are great, I wish I had the resources to pring them all. Ever look into printing and selling them yourself? I'd buy if the price was right.
posted by Another MST3k Fan
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 14:35:14
Glad you like the covers!

I don't have any plans to print and sell the covers myself. But I have thought about putting each season into a multi-page PDF that could be downloaded and taken to Kinko's (or wherever) and printed there. I think I'd have to add crop marks to the covers for that to be effective.
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:59:52
Your covers are great! I, like many others, really appreciate offering them up to true fans to print for our own collections. Thanks so much. Have you given any thought to doing covers for the KTMA shows?
posted by Devilfish
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 17:45:17
Thanks, Devilfish.

Yes, I plan to do KTMA covers eventually. I'm just putting it off because I don't expect it will be very esay/fun.
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 21:46:53
Wow, season ten already! Whooo-hooo!
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 18:17:15
A major kudo for the 'hidden' reference on the cover for 1008. And the alternate photo? THOSE LIPS! Think of all the sausages that passed thru em...
posted by Alcool
Sat, 23 Jun 2007 19:47:07
Thanks, Alcool! I was hoping folks wouldn't look at 1008 and just think "Josh made a mistake!"
Sat, 23 Jun 2007 20:38:46
OMG, ten seasons plus the shorts/extras in the can.... major cudos...... maybe even general.
Sat, 23 Jun 2007 23:02:02
Great work!

Did anyone notice the labels are missing for 423 Bride of the monster?
posted by Cartman
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:43:25
Thanks, Cartman. I'll let MrTorso know about the missing label.
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:49:26
Disc label for 423 is now available.
Sun, 01 Jul 2007 13:48:39
Hey, there's a comments thingy! Who knew? (Everybody but me, apparently.) I can hardly wait to see what's next, Josh. But don't abandon Fun With Shorts - quite possibly the only original thing on YouTube that doesn't suck.
Cheers!
posted by The Sharktopus
Wed, 04 Jul 2007 03:29:36
Thanks for that, Sharktopus!
Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:25:17
Hey, what gives? You didn't finish the Extras section before moving on to KTMA!
posted by Mr. Gamera
Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:31:38
I had a lot of requests over at the RiffTrax board to get going on the KTMAs.

I am curious, though, what other Extras covers people are expecting. I'm thinking of making one for Poopie, the bot specials, and maybe the Turkey Day bumpers. Anything else?
Sun, 15 Jul 2007 14:49:34
That's most of it. You might want to make one for the behind-the-scenes specials too, but other than that you covered everything.
posted by Mr. Gamera
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:07:54
AWSOME WORK!!
Hope to reorganize mine from bulk cases by Season, into individuals with your DVD covers sometime soon!
Thanks for All Your Time & Effort making these!!
posted by RVR II
Sat, 28 Jul 2007 09:20:24
Just bought a pack of 100 full sized cases...Then I saw these...I'll be picking up slims now and getting to work on printing these...Great work...Good to see everything done uniform and all in one spot!!
posted by Randy
Wed, 08 Aug 2007 21:11:38
Just a short thank you. There are very few who would design such beautiful individual covers, and fewer still who would make them available to the public. You are a gifted and generous person. I hope others are looking into some donation through paypal as I am.
posted by C. Young
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 07:05:30
Thanks for the kind words, RVRII, Randy, and C. Young. It's very gratifying that so many people have downloaded and used these covers.

And to those of you waiting anxiously for the rest of the KTMA and Extras covers, I assure I will complete them. My summer has been busy, but I'll be back on track soon.
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:42:54
K08 is up, K09 to follow. I was very distracted for the past month, but I'm gonna try to finish this in the next week.
Sat, 01 Sep 2007 10:19:45
You are the man!!! These are the best looking covers I've ever seen!!! I was making my own until you came alone. Can't wait for the rest of KTMA!!!
posted by Steve
Sun, 09 Sep 2007 19:50:51
I really like structure of the covers, simple but effective. Thanks for sharing your talents.
posted by SteveG
Thu, 04 Oct 2007 00:29:37
Thanks, various Steves!

By the way everybody, if you want to see what I've been up to in addition to these covers, check out ChronicleComic.com!
Thu, 04 Oct 2007 07:11:07
Ok, I love you!! I using Lightscribe with the big-hub disc image. Any chance of disc images for everything in your extras?? Thanks again!
posted by Tom
Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:25:23
posted by Tom
Sat, 13 Oct 2007 12:45:37
MrTorso makes those disc labels. I'm not sure if he plans to do them for the extras. I'll ask him.
Sat, 13 Oct 2007 15:16:03
I recently started "burnin' my own" MST3K episodes, and was surfing for pics to make covers from when I stumbled upon your covers. They are without a doubt the most fantastic looking DVD covers. Better by far than Rhino's. Will you make available regular case covers eventually, along with the slimcase ones you offer now? I use cases that hold two disks 'cause I collect the "un-mstied" movies as well and like to put them together in the same case. Just wonderin'... thanks!
posted by Bob M.
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:32:11
Thanks, Bob! Glad you like the covers. I have no current plans to make standard size covers, but perhaps someday I or one of the other collectors will convert them.

I also package my episodes with the un-MSTied movie whenever possible, and I use slim cases that are made for two-disc sets. Staples sells a good clear version, and I'm sure there are many others out there.
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:23:39
Hmmm -you know, it didn't even occur to me to look for slim cases that hold two disks. I just assumed they were too "slim" and couldn't hold two. Thanks for the "heads up." Now my life's complete and I can download like crazy :^)
posted by Bob M.
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 22:22:31
Awesome covers JoshWay! Both you and Mr. Torso do great work. Thanks for your efforts. (Did I mention they're awesome?)

The site disclaimer gave me the giggles too. I've suddenly developed a craving for a concrete casserole.
posted by Bairman
Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:09:49
Thanks much for the KTMA's. They look great! Only four to go!
posted by Devilfish
Sun, 04 Nov 2007 19:09:32
How about zip files for the sets by season? Thanks for your hard work.
posted by Dennis
Thu, 08 Nov 2007 00:12:47
Loving these covers, but having trouble printing them out the right size to fit the cases. Is there any way to digitally shrink them down to the right size, or do you just have to print them out, cut bits and pieces off and hope for the best?
posted by Chris
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:47:37
They are designed for slim cases, not standard, and at 100% they should have a quarter inch bleed on all sides. That's a bit larger than the typical eighth inch bleed. So yes, if you cut off 1/4 inch off each side it should be just the right size.

I print them on pre-cut glossy slim inserts from Memorex, so I don't need to measure them. Makes it a lot easier.
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:23:29
Oh, and Dennis - the season zip file idea is a good one. I'll look into that when I get a chance.
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:24:11
Chris,
I print them at 96% (using Paint Shop Pro) which gets the width perfect, then I just need to cut about 1/8 inch off the bottom with a paper-cutter.
posted by Dennis
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:32:53
Sorry for all the posts recently. I'm staying late at work tomorrow to print out a full set (no snickering!) and realize I will still be missing a few KTMAs. How best to convince Josh to power through the last ones?
posted by Dennis
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:35:01
Thanks for all the great work. KTMA is done and they look fantastic!! Thanks again.
posted by Devilfish
Sat, 08 Dec 2007 21:13:47
Joshway, Any idea when MrTorso is gonna be able to get the KTMA labels done?
posted by Ortega
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 01:10:01
Joshway, Any idea when MrTorso is gonna be able to get the KTMA labels done?
posted by Ortega
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 03:40:33
I just want to thank you again for the best MST3K covers around!!! The KTMA's look great...thanks for all the beautiful work! Steve
posted by Steve (AKA Crushersteve)
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 08:48:22
Hey, everybody. Happy New Year. Thanks to MrTorso, KTMA labels are now available. Enjoy!
Wed, 02 Jan 2008 11:32:39
Now that the MST3K movie is going to be re-released in an anamorphic print, aren't you glad that you did not print all the movie specs on the cover? No need to create a new one!
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:28:49
Indeed! I thought about adding the anamorphic logo and maybe even "includes theatrical trailer", but I'm not sure either is necessary.
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 08:33:59
Josh,
Now that Shout! Factory has aquired the rights to MST3K, now would be your chance to be the sole creator of the DVD Covers for them $$$$. I know that I strictly use yours now. Consider creating Cinema Titanic covers also. Keep up the great work.
posted by Steve
Sat, 02 Feb 2008 14:16:39
Hey Josh--first of all, let me just add my voice to the chorus of praise for these beautiful covers. I'm replacing all of my current packaging with slimcases featuring your work, and I just love the way they look on the shelves, especially with the different spine colors. The amount of thought and time you put into this staggers me!

A couple of thoughts/suggestions:

Any chance of a "Killer Shrews" cover that would reflect Rhino's (random) inclusion of "Assignment: Venezuela" and two other shorts on that disk?

Second, you asked if people had any suggestions for other "Extras" covers (you asked months ago, but I'm a little slow to notice things). I have disks of the Comedy Central and Sci-Fi specials that I got from mst3kguy.com. His covers are nice, but I'd love covers that would match up with the rest of yours.

Thanks again for all you've done!
posted by Joe Walker
Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:12:23
Thanks so much, Joe. I'm glad you're enjoying the covers.

Those are good suggestions. It won't be a problem to make an alternate Killer Shrews cover.

Regarding the MST specials - do most people have them collected on one or two discs, or individually? I think I have them collected on two DVDs, if I remember correctly. I'm just wondering how to go about making covers that will work for everybody. Maybe one cover for Comedy Central, one for Sci-Fi? Or maybe just a cover for each special, and let the collectors sort it out?

-Josh

P.S. to Steve - I'm actually trying to find an email address for Shout Factory, at least to offer them access to the vectorized logos and hi-res images I've gathered during this project.
Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:25:42
Wow, fast response!

Speaking only for myself, I have the specials as they're packaged by MST3kGuy. One DVD has This is Mst3k, the Little Gold Statue Preview Special, and two episodes of Space Ghost that Joel is on. The other has the Sci-Fi Specials: The Making of MST3k, both summer blockbuster specials and the 1998 Robot's Choice Awards.

You're probably right that a lot of people have different combinations of these things, and you certainly can't account for them all (the inclusion of the Space Ghost eps doesn't help, I guess). Maybe one kinda generic cover for the sci-fi specials and one kinda generic cover for the CC specials?

Or here's an idea: the spine says "MST3K specials." I'm not sure what picture to put on the front, but across the top of the back you put "Your Mileage May Vary." Underneath that brief blurbs describing each special, with a checkmark box next to each. That way each user can check whatever they've got on that particular disc.

...ok, that idea blows. I'm starting to understand why I don't work in graphic design.
posted by Joe Walker
Wed, 06 Feb 2008 16:15:37
Hi Josh,

Thanks so much for all these great covers! My collection has never looked so good! Thanks for the KTMA covers, I've been anxiously awaiting those. Any ideas if there will be K001 - K004 coming?

Once again, thanks for all your hard work!
posted by Tyrone
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:06:55
Thanks, Tyrone!

Fan copies of K00-K04 do not exist, so I wasn't planning on making covers unless they became available. Do you have a reason to print the covers? I could be persuaded to make them.

-Josh
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:11:36
Hi Josh,

No, sorry! After I posted I did some looking and realized that they are 'lost' episodes. :( If I ever find them, I'll certainly keep you in mind.
posted by Tyrone
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:52:29
Hi Again Josh,

Any chance of a Disc label for MST3K The Movie?

Thanks!
posted by Tyrone
Sat, 08 Mar 2008 23:59:38
Awesome work!!! I'll second the request for a "Specials DVD 1" and "Specials DVD 2" cover, though the info would be tricky as people would have different content from acquiring the discs from different sources. Also - you've got the Scrapbook cover, how about "POOPIE" I & II? Again, great work!
posted by djzombi
Sun, 09 Mar 2008 15:04:40
Thanks for pointing out that I misspelled "witty" on pretty much EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY COVERS!! AARRGGHH!! At least I was planning on revisiting all my previous covers to fix errors.

DarkFlounder
www.mst3kdvdcovers.com
posted by DarkFlounder
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:39:29
These covers are FANTASTIC. I like the extra information I added to mine, but there is no contest that yours are much, much better looking. Outstanding job!
posted by bblackmoor
Wed, 02 Apr 2008 23:54:02
Just moved to a new server - testing the comment script...
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:27:47
What happened to the disc covers?
posted by KingArtie
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 00:03:02
I just moved to a new server (hopefully everyone will notice that the thumbnail images load much faster now), and there are still a few glitches. Everything will be back up soon.
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 07:01:16
Hey Josh, Any chance of some Cinematic Titanic covers in the same style? Some people attempted them here: http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,6715.0.html and I think they did an OK job but would love it if you could make them. Thanks man, these are so awesome.
posted by Steve
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:59:42
Aah! I've been putting adhesive labels on MST discs, but now my xbox 360 only plays labeled discs!
posted by spudmantrumpy
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 20:21:00
Steve - I hadn't seen that! Ortega did a pretty good job. Maybe I will take a shot at it.

spudmantrumpy - I have been using printable DVDs for a while now, since labeled discs do tend to cause problems. Memorex makes a nice glossy white printable DVD-R.
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:20:55
I'll have to look into alternates to paper labels, but I can't afford printable DVD's.

I hear that their are polyester labels that Memorex has said won't be troublesome.

Thank you very much for the covers btw, they are wonderful!
posted by spudmantrumpy
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 00:00:48
These are fantastic. Where can we get the PSD template for these?
posted by bblackmoor
Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:51:28
Josh, how about some Cinematic Titanic cases in this style?
posted by bobo_arachnid
Tue, 19 Aug 2008 00:56:20
Wow, thanks for the work. I finally have every episode put onto individual DVDs, now I have more work to do. Plus only about 10% of them are on lightscribe discs, which is bugging me. This just doesn't end. At some point I want to sit back and just say wow, finally done.
posted by rrpostal
Tue, 02 Sep 2008 17:41:56
*please do season art* i love these covers, thank you for the time you spent on them. i currently cut and paste the image to use them as individual episode artwork on my home theater pc. i will do a hack job myself for the seasons, but thought i'd ask the one with the best covers out there as well...
posted by scifigeek
Tue, 04 Nov 2008 11:58:41
Any chance of Lightscribe labels for Season 1 & 2 and Castle of Fu Manchu?
posted by ManUnderMask
Wed, 19 Nov 2008 01:29:41
I don't have a good quality printer to print these labels. Is there a way to have Kinko's print these covers for me? Anybody try this?
posted by DonH
Fri, 21 Nov 2008 02:33:06
posted by DonH
Fri, 21 Nov 2008 21:18:23
posted by DonH
Sat, 22 Nov 2008 00:09:19
Haven't tried it, DonH, but I've thought about it. Seems reasonable. If you do have them printed up, keep in mind that there's a quarter inch bleed on all sides.
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:05:55
Hey Josh, I love these covers. Great work! What's the font you used for "In the not too distant future," and the experiment number? (And the top of this page for that matter.) Cheers.
posted by Zapp
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 21:27:49
Hi Josh - like one of the posts mentioned prior can we OCD completionists twist your arm to make K00-K03? I know they are not out but would like to have on hand for the miracle day...
posted by Blu
Sat, 31 Jan 2009 03:48:21
This is a great site you have! I especially like the fact that you don't charge for the covers. I'm still using CD cases for my MST3Ks but wanted to encourage you to keep this site going because I hope to switch to DVD cases one day when I get the shelf space. The covers & labels look great! And to Blu, didn't you hear? K00 has been released (the host segments anyway) you can get it at DAP central or on plenty of torrent sites.
Anyway, thanks.
posted by Skuzbucket
Mon, 02 Feb 2009 04:04:16
Hey, gang. Thanks for all the kind words!

For those who have been waiting for them, I've just posted Season 1 and 2 LightScribe-ready labels. Many thanks to MrTorso for making it happen.
Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:42:55
I went ahead and took care of K00 The Green Slime for you. Go ahead and take them and add them to your site. I used your design, so it'll match perfectly with the rest of the set.
Label: http://img01.picoodle.com/img/img01/3/3/3/skuzbucket/f_DVDLabel000m_4efa4e8.jpg
Cover:
I did not do a big hub. I was thinking of suggesting that you get a PayPal donate button, but I see you already have one directly below. Maybe it should be larger. I'll throw you a few bucks soon. One other thing that would be great it it wouldn't be too much of a hassle, perhaps offer everything in folders so one doesn't have to download everything individually. Like all of season 1 labels in a folder and all the season 1 covers in a folder, etc.
Anyway, thanks to you and MrTorso.
posted by Johnny Skuzbucket
Tue, 03 Mar 2009 18:24:47
IF it wouldn't be too much of a hassle. (Typo)
And by the way, Vulgar & Spammy!
You aint got the email address of my Mammy!
posted by Same guy as above
Tue, 03 Mar 2009 18:28:55
Hey Zapp, the font is "AdLib"
posted by Some Other Guy
Thu, 05 Mar 2009 05:31:30
There's something wrong with the "#808 The She Creature" cover. It won't download and if one tries to view it by left-clicking "download" there's just a red x. Maybe there's a broken link or something.
posted by Skuzbucket
Wed, 11 Mar 2009 01:43:04
Scratch that last comment. There's nothing wrong on your end, it was just my computer being stupid. Sorry.
posted by Skuzbucket
Wed, 11 Mar 2009 03:18:38
I haven't the time or money to print these out, but I do have the time to say, what a freakin' fantastic job you did!
posted by Samuel Marzioli
Thu, 14 May 2009 15:41:47
Hey Josh. Nice job on the covers, guy. Just had questions for you along the Kinko's line. I HAVE tried to get them printed at Kinko's and they come out way to big for a slim DVD case. Any thoughts? Could this have to do with the quarter inch bleed of which you speak? Could you explain to me what "quarter inch bleed" means and how it affects the print out?
posted by Cullen
Sat, 23 May 2009 13:13:02
Cullen,

The quarter inch bleed means there is an extra quarter inch of design on each edge of the covers. This is to avoid thin white lines on the edges when printing. So when cutting them, don't cut where the color meets the white of the paper, but rather a quarter inch in. If you have any professionally printed slim DVD inserts, you could use one to trace the correct dimensions.
Wed, 27 May 2009 15:28:09
Hey Josh. Thanks for the info there. I've already started the trimming. Just doing the good ol' fashioned ruler and an exacto knife. They are coming out really great. Again, I have to say, you did a bang-up job on these. Nice graphic design and all that good stuff. I thought that the addition of the original movie poster on the back was a nice touch.

Cheers!

Cullen
posted by Cullen
Fri, 29 May 2009 04:25:14
Thanks. Enjoy!
Fri, 29 May 2009 09:45:49
Love every one of these. I am finishing my collection now, and am wondering if a LightScribe label for any of the extras is in the works? If not, any chance you could put up your lightscribe template without the text and maybe I could make them up on my own (hopefully looking half as good as yours). Again, thanks for the great work, my wife doesn't make fun of my collection any more.
posted by TonyH
Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:30:51
Beautiful job on the covers man! Can you, or anyone, tell me exactly what I would have to do to get all of these covers printed by someone for me. Just trying to get an understanding of what that process would entail from start to finish.
posted by J-cro
Sat, 01 Aug 2009 23:56:09
I'm trying to figure out a way to get the covers put on a disc, ready to print,correct size,and resolution. I'm anxious to get 'em done! I'm really amazed at the quality!
posted by J-cro
Mon, 03 Aug 2009 22:24:53
Amazing! These are great quality, thanks so much for creating and sharing!
posted by Alek
Sun, 04 Oct 2009 16:46:49
I've been using these covers for my MST3K disc for a couple of years now, and I'm pleased with everything about them! Thanks for your hard work!
posted by DGibFen
Sun, 23 May 2010 10:39:25
Josh, these covers rule. My cubicle is decorated with a number of them - cropped a touch, they make rocking 8.5 x 11 posters. Just fantastic work.

By the way... There's a typo on The Creeping Terror - it reads, "... But another on has been loosed..." That "on" should be "one". Again, a heroic effort with epic results.
posted by Frank DeRosa
Wed, 02 Jun 2010 17:22:59
Thanks, everybody! And thanks, Frank, for the heads-up on the typo.
Fri, 04 Jun 2010 11:08:47

Thanks,
Frank
posted by Frank DeRosa
Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:08:11
when it comes to computers and printing, I have two left feet.
So I'm wondering if someone..Josh?...someone/anyone?...would like to help me print out 4 of these glorious covers for the vol. 9 box set I just acquired(copies)
thanks
posted by Paul
Tue, 15 Feb 2011 23:51:21
Any chance of a TV Wheel or, better still, Rifftrax covers?
posted by Sean
Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:44:27
Additional:
And if not, a link to someone whose work you respected would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
posted by Sean
Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:52:11
Sean, my pal MrTorso from the RiffTrax board made some nice covers:

Unfortunately, I think he stopped after Paranormal Activity.
Wed, 27 Jul 2011 17:16:25
These are really, really good Josh! Thanks so much for putting these together. My (very quickly) growing collection of mst3k looks great, thanks to you!
posted by Justin
Fri, 09 Mar 2012 16:49:20
Great covers, Josh! Would you consider Poopie I and II covers? Thanks!
posted by Jim
Fri, 06 Apr 2012 21:16:57
Hey Josh, I see where slim cases are sometimes different spine widths, does it matter which kind I have? I suspect the ones I am getting are approximately 3/8" or about 9mm spine.
posted by BEERxTaco
Mon, 09 Apr 2012 11:34:46
Never mind, my spines are 7mm and they work great! However, I would like to echo Frank's request from above:
"Say, Josh... you wouldn't be willing to release your covers with layers, perhaps as PhotoShop documents? That would let other people make new covers with alternate movie images in them, or more easily Photoshop their co-workers onto the Time of the Apes cover. You know, for instance. Hypothetically speaking.

Thanks,
Frank

posted by Frank DeRosa

Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:08:11"
posted by BEERxTaco
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 16:05:33
As long as we are making requests... inlieu of getting a template, we could use Tom Servo's Favorite Host Segments Vol 1 thru 5, in addition to the Poopie 1 & 2.
posted by BEERxTaco
Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:58:37
I printed one of the DVD labels and it came out too small. Am I the only one this has happened to?
posted by Scott
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 22:42:51
Scott, are you using slimcase covers? The spine is thinner than a standard case. Apart from that, there is a bleed, so the artwork should actually be slightly bigger than the label.
Mon, 29 Apr 2013 14:41:33
Just curious: where do you find fonts that match the film title fonts??
posted by Nummy
Wed, 29 May 2013 11:37:54
Love the covers!!! However, it looks like KTMA 7, 8 and 9 have something wrong with the files - anyone else seeing a distorted line through them? Also, weightless is misspelled on #201.
posted by Jason
Tue, 03 Sep 2013 20:41:01
I love these slipcovers! They are the best I've ever seen, and I'm in the process of printing them all out. Just a heads up, on the back cover for 703-Deathstalker, the text says John Allen Relson. Any B movie dork like me will tell you that it's John Allen Nelson! Thanks for providing such fantastic artwork!
posted by torgo367
Tue, 12 Nov 2013 08:55:17
Very professional-looking covers. Never take these down!
posted by Kevin
Mon, 29 Sep 2014 17:51:33
Great Work and I mean really great work. My favourite has to be 'Teenagers from Outer Space', also do you know where the font for Fugitive Alien is, I'm planing my own MST3K DVD Covers.
posted by Ben
Tue, 18 Nov 2014 02:13:28
Love the covers. Have my entire collection in them. It would be interesting to see covers for the MST3K Home Game, MST3K Live: World Without End, and the complete Play MST For Me
posted by Abner
Fri, 23 Jan 2015 17:43:52
Awesome job on the covers! I would like to get the whole series, do you have a way to download all of them? Thanks!
posted by Torgo424
Sat, 07 Feb 2015 15:27:48
i am absolutely in LOVE with these covers. using them for my mp4 artwork. they're amaaaaazing!

would i be possible to fix 0418 "attack of the the eye creatures"...? :)

THANK YOU!
posted by hadkja!
Mon, 02 Nov 2015 10:42:35
...and i just realized that's how it is in the film. dumb.

nevermind! :D
posted by hadjka!
Wed, 25 Nov 2015 14:32:07
Are you going tto make dvd covers for the Reboot episodes when they come out?
posted by Mike
Sun, 10 Jul 2016 18:27:00
Joel just released KTMA episodes #1 and #2 for the Kickstarter backers.

Please oh please oh please...
posted by Kim
Fri, 25 Nov 2016 21:17:13
^ Need covers for KTMA episodes #1 and #2! :)
posted by Nick
Sun, 11 Dec 2016 00:05:34
I would love to pay.. uh... donate, I mean, to you to have all these printed up and mailed to me. I just don't have the capabilities to make such an effort.

Any chance that can be arranged?
posted by M33
Wed, 21 Dec 2016 02:59:32
Ah, these are beautiful! Truly great work, my friend!
posted by David
Tue, 31 Jan 2017 11:57:43
Fantastic work man! Can we maybe please get covers for K01/K02 and Season 11? We need the beautiful uniformity that is your amazing work! :D
posted by Jimmy
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 04:12:57
Wow!! I found your site looking for artwork for my own customs; I am scrapping mine for yours. I gave a donation for your great effort. Thanks, Man!
posted by Lewis
Sat, 13 May 2017 23:07:38

That's a zip file with a template and a few font files for DIY types.
Sat, 15 Jul 2017 21:08:10
Hi. Love your work. Just wondering, are you doing the Season 11 covers?

Thank you.